Here's how it works:
1. Initial Analysis. Once we have discussed the project and you have sent us the preliminary information (much less than a full file), we immediately identify programs that we know could work. We go through all of the issues that may come up and suggest solutions so they can be resolved in the time necessary to close your transaction. We will have a written offer to you within 48 hours of receiving all the preliminary documents! See if you can get your bank to do that!
2. Exclusivity. You might not like it, but our underwriters do. It's a short-term contract, it could be for no more than 120 days. This encourages lenders to make solid real world LOI on your project.
3. Project Overview. We prepare a brief report on your project. Our underwriters are busy. They don't have time to read 60-page marketing reports. They just want to see the facts. We want to spark their interest.
4. Quick Responses. From the initial discussion, we generally know which group of programs may fit the project. We don't shop your deal around. We simply take it to our underwriters and get upfront responses.
5. Working Together. With the funds in place, we live with your deal until it closes. We stay completely involved with the negotiations that take place during the process. We are your advisors, helping you overcome objections and meet the funding requirements so you close the deal as quickly as possible.
The best deal is the one that closes (it's really the only deal)
There's nothing worse than being hung up in the financing process, losing money already tied up in your project, and getting lost on the way to getting the deal closed. The reality is, it's not hard to find money. The challenge is closing the deal.
That's where we come in. We understand deals. We understand the industry. We understand trends and, most importantly, we understand the crucial importance of getting quick results. Using our experience, we have developed a unique, efficient, systematic style that will close your deal.
It doesn't matter what you did, it only matters what you do.
At EXCEL we're pleased to have been involved in many prestigious projects, but we firmly believe that looking at past transactions should be nothing more than a reflection of what we might be able to accomplish for you. Each deal is unique, every transaction distinctive, and we treat them as such.
Our approach to funding is much different than other companies. We don't do mass shopping of your proposal. We identify up front which programs are most likely to fund your project and why.